Privacy Guidelines at SuperSprint Events
We value your privacy at SuperSprint Events (SSE)
Anything you enter on www.supersprint.com.au is only available to SuperSprint for the particular event you register for, unless SuperSprint allows participant lists and/or results to be made public, in which case you will have been informed of this when you registered for the event. However, please note that under clauses within the Terms & Conditions of our events, competitors consent to SuperSprint
1. Allowing SuperSprint to use their name, image, likeness and also their performance in the Event, at any time, to promote the Event or any future similar events by any form of media.
2. Allowing SuperSprint the use of their email address: for receiving electronic newsletter and promotional material from SuperSprint or their authorised representatives prior to and after the Event.
You will have noticed that we require you to use your first, last name, and password. This is to prevent others from pretending to be you and registering using your name. For your convenience, we prefill your email name using a cookie on your computer, so you only need to enter the password.
If you are using this site from a shared computer, and wish to clear these cookies, go to the Your Details' page (on the Participants menu) and click on the 'Clear' button.
Any participant information you enter when you register for an event is held on our system, and you can change this up to the time SuperSprint closes off the entries. Information held in cookies (used for pre-filling registration fields) can be changed at any time by choosing Your Details' from the Participants menu.
Credit Card Security
We take the issue of credit card security very seriously. We decided when we started the Enter On Line service that we could not take risks with your information. We made sure that when you enter credit card information, it would be hosted on a secure server (you may notice a little padlock or key icon appears on your browser when you access secure pages). Details you enter on this page are encrypted from the time you type them in, to the time they arrive at our bank. Even we at SuperSprint Events do not get to see your credit card number! We do not keep a record of credit card numbers. There is therefore no risk of anybody getting your card number from our databases.
There has been some publicity about credit card fraud on the internet. It is technically possible for somebody to intercept credit card details where they are entered on a page on an insecure server, and then to use those numbers fraudulently. However most 'stolen' numbers have been copied when people use their cards at normal stores, or have been randomly generated using special programs.
The secure pages are secured by Secure Socket Layer. We use VeriSign, which is a global provider of digital certificate products, services and solutions that create security, privacy and authentication in electronic commerce. Verisign offers a range of certificate solutions that encompass Internet security, Extranet security, email security and Starter PKI requirements.
Because we use a secure server, you are probably safer with us than when you hand your card over at a local store!
You should assume that everything you see and read on the SuperSprint Events website SSE is copyrighted, unless noted otherwise, and may not be used except as provided in our Terms and Conditions. All content on SSE is the exclusive property of SSE and is protected by Australian and international copyright laws. Also, all software used on the SSE site is the property of SSE or its software suppliers and is protected by Australian and international copyright laws.
While SSE uses reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information, they are not liable for any omissions or errors within the content of the site.
The content and software on the SSE site may be used for entertainment, information, and resources. SSE allows you to download; copy, view and print for personal and business use only any SSE owned content on the SSE site. Personal and business information that is downloaded must follow these conditions: (1) content may be used only for non-commercial, informational purposes and may not be posted or distributed, (2) content must NOT be modified, (3) trademark, copyright, and other proprietary notices may not be removed. In addition, you may not copy, reproduce, or distribute the design, layout, logo or other design elements of the SSE site.
SSE respects the intellectual property of others and we expect others to respect us in the same manner. If you believe that your work has been copied and is accessible somehow on the SSE site, notify and provide the copyright agent with the following information:
- An electronic or physical signature of the owner of the copyright or the person authorized at act on the owner behalf.
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been violated and a description of the violating activity.
- Identification of the location where the original or an authorized copy of the work exists.
- Identification of the URL or other specific location of the SSE site where the material that you claim is infringing is
- located, including enough information to allow us to locate the material.
- Your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address.
- A statement by you made under the penalty of perjury, that the above information is your notice, is correct, and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner behalf.
- SSE trademarks distinguish SSE products and services, and let the public know the source of those products and
- services. You may NOT use our trademarks in any advertising, promotional efforts, or when referring to our
- products and services without contacting us first for our permission. If you follow standard trademark usage
- practices and provide proper reasoning, then our copyright agent will evaluate your request.
Registration forms for both event coordinators and participants require some writing. You are the only one responsible for the content of your communication and thus, the consequences of that communication. By submitting this information you grant SSE the right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create, distribute, communicate to the public, display content, and incorporate it into other forms of media, or technology. Any communication or material you transmit to the site by electronic mail or otherwise, including any data, questions, comments, suggestions, or the like is, and will be treated as, non-confidential and non-proprietary.
In consideration of being allowed to use the SSE interactive areas you agree:
- Not to use the SSE site to send or post on message boards or any place on the SSE site any message or material that is unlawful, harassing, libellous, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, racially offensive, inaccurate, or otherwise objectionable material of any kind or nature or that encourages conduct that could constitute a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any applicable local, state, national or international law or regulation, or encourage the use of controlled substances.
- Not to impersonate any other person or entity, whether actual or fictitious, including impersonating an employee or consultant of SSE.
- Not to use an inappropriate member name of any kind.
- Not to post or use the SSE site to distribute or send illegal material in the form of text, graphics, video, programs, or audio.
Such actions shall constitute a material breach of these Terms and Conditions. SSE reserves the right to remove any postings or member names that break the above terms and will cooperate fully with any law enforcement officials and/or agencies in the investigation of any violator/s.
You are responsible for keeping the confidentiality of your login ID and password. You shall be responsible for all uses of your password, whether or not authorized by you. You agree to immediately notify SSE of any unauthorised use of your password. If you happen to forget your password just type in your email address and you should be able to get logged into the site that way.
YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT USE OF SSE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. SSE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. SSE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESSES OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
THE INFORMATION ON SSE IS PROVIDED WITH THE UNDERSTANDING THAT NEITHER SSE NOR ITS MEMBERS ARE ENGAGED IN RENDERING LEGAL, MEDICAL, COUNSELING OR OTHER PROFESSIONAL SERVICES OR ADVICE. SSE ENCOURAGES YOU TO SEEK APPROPRIATE PROFESSIONAL ADVICE OR CARE FOR ANY SITUATION OR PROBLEM, WHICH YOU MAY HAVE. IN PARTICULAR, THE ACTIVITIES DESCRIBED ON SSE CAN BE DANGEROUS AND MAY RESULT IN INJURY OR DEATH. YOU MUST CONSULT WITH A LICENSED PHYSICIAN BEFORE PARTICIPATING IN ANY OF THE ACTIVITIES DESCRIBED ON SSE.
SSE makes no warranty that the SSE site services will be uninterrupted, secure or error free. SSE is not responsible for any omissions or miscommunications of the results obtained on their website. You as the user understand that any material and/or data downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of the SSE site is at your own discretion. You will be responsible for any damage to your own computer system or loss of data that results from the download of such content.
SSE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, RESULTING FROM (1) THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE SSE OR (2) FOR THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES OR (3) RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH SSE OR (4) RESULTING FROM UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR
TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE, EVEN IF SSE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
You agree to compensate and hold each one of SSE employees harmless from any claim or demand including reasonable attorney fees.
SSE reserves the right, to immediately and without advanced notice suspend or cancel these Terms and conditions, your registration with and ability to access SSE upon any breach by you of the Terms and Conditions or upon your demonstration of conduct that SSE determines to be inappropriate.